When talking about Cloud Storage, now there are so many choices for us, each existing Cloud Storage service certainly has its own advantages and disadvantages to make it easier for IDCHoster friends to choose the Cloud Storage option.
In general, a cloud storage service has features and applications to synchronize data between servers that are the place to store it with a computer or equipment that is integrated into it. In addition, in general cloud storage services there is no limit to the shelf life of files as well as in conventional file hosting services.
Thus, the file or data that we have uploaded to the cloud storage server will be permanent, will not be lost in a certain time due to expiration or expiration (if in a certain amount of time no one downloads it). So cloud storage is very suitable to be used as an online data backup media. With the synchronization feature, the data backup process can run automatically in the background.
Here is a brief comparison of 4 Cloud Storage services:
DropBox has become one of the most popular online data storage places today because the technology it uses offers convenience in storing data into it. Since 2007, DropBox has gathered more than 50 million users from all over the world.
- DropBox is present on almost all popular operating systems, Dropbox for Windows, Dropbox for iOS, Dropbox for Android, Dropbox for Mac, Dropbox for Ubuntu, etc.
- Full Sharing, unlike other file sharing, Dropbox can be public direct download.
- Storage capacity can be up to 18 GB, but requires a little effort by inviting 32 people. 1 person = 500MB.
- The standard storage capacity is only 2 GB
- 2GB: Free
- 50GB: USD 9.99 / month or USD 99 / year
- 100GB: USD 19.99 / month or USD 199 / year
- No limits: USD 759 / year (for 5 people, everyone is due to the cost of USD 125 / year)
2. Google Drive
Google's cloud storage is equipped with a number of excellent features. Google Drive users can store photos or images, videos, applications and all kinds of data in them. Can be collaborated with various other google services, google apps, google mail, doc, etc., so that it makes a job more effective and efficient.
- Google drive supports editing documents directly from the browser.
- Supporting multiple files, Google Drive can open up to 30 file formats directly through the browser. Even when the software is not installed on your friends desktop. This is very useful if you are a designer who usually works with large files such as photoshop or illustrator. So that your friends' files will be more easily accessed at any time and place.
- There is no facility to share file download links for the public, like dropbox.
- 5GB: Free
- 25GB: USD 2.49 / month
- 100GB: USD 4.99 / month
- 1000GB: USD 49.99 / month
- 000GB: USD 799.99 / month
3. Microsoft OneDrive
You could say Microsoft's Cloud Storage provides the largest capacity for the free version and low prices for additions compared to other Cloud STorage.
- With oneDrive we can directly process / edit Microsoft Office data, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Ms.Office facilities directly from the browser.
- Free version capacity is bigger than the others (7GB)
- 7GB: Free
- 27GB: GBP 6 / year
- 57GB: GBP 16 / year
- 107GB: GBP 32 / year
So the cloud service can be a cloud backup solution for storing the files you need.