The basic components of cloud computing in a simple topology are divided into 3 (three) parts, namely clients, datacenter, and distributed servers. The three basic components have specific goals and roles in running cloud computing operations. The concept of the three components can be described as follows:
- Clients on cloud computing architecture are said to be the exact same things that are plain, old, everyday local area networks (LANs). They are, typically, the computers that just sit on your desk. But they might also be laptops, tablet computers, mobile phones, or PDAs - all big drivers for cloud computing because of their mobility. Clients are interacting with to manage their information on the cloud.
- Datacenter is collection of servers where the application to which you subscribe is housed. It could be a large room in the basement of your building full of servers on the other side of the world that you access via the Internet. A growing trend in the IT world is virtualizing servers. That is, software can be installed allowing multiple instances of virtual servers to be used. In this way, you can have half a dozen virtual servers running on one physical server.
- Distributed Servers is a server placement in a different location. But the servers don't have to be housed in the same location. Often, servers are in geographically disparate locations. But to you, the cloud subscribers, these servers act as if they're humming away right next to each other.
Another component of cloud computing is Cloud Applications cloud computing in terms of software architecture. So that the user does not need to install and run applications using a computer. Cloud Platform is a service in the form of a computing platform that contains hardware infrastructure and software. Usually have certain business applications and use services PaaS as its business application infrastructure. Cloud Storage involves processes delivering data storage as a service. Cloud Infrastructure is the delivery of computing infrastructure as a service.
Cloud Computing services have several components required, namely:
a. Cloud Clients, a computer or software specifically designed for the use of cloud computing based services.
- Mobile - Windows Mobile, Symbian
- Thin Client - Windows Terminal Service, CherryPal
- Thick Client - Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome
b. Cloud Services, products, services and solutions that are used and delivered real-time via internet media.
- Identity - OpenID, OAuth, etc.
- Integration - Amazon Simple Queue Service.
- Payments - PayPal, Google Checkout.
- Mapping - Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps.
c. Cloud Applications, applications that use Cloud Computing in software architecture so that users don't need to install but they can use the application using a computer.
- Peer-to-peer - BitTorrent, SETI, and others.
- Web Application - Facebook.
- SaaS - Google Apps, SalesForce.com, and others
d. Cloud Platform, a service in the form of a computing platform consisting of hardware and infrastructure software. This service is a service in the form of a computing platform which contains infrastructure hardware and software. Usually has an application certain businesses and use PaaS services as application infrastructure his business
- Web Application Frameworks - Python Django, Rubyon Rails, .NET
- Web Hosting
- Propietary - Force.com
e. Cloud Storage, involves the process of storing data as a service.
- Database - Google Big Table, Amazon SimpleDB.
- Network Attached Storage - Nirvanix CloudNAS, MobileMe iDisk.
f. Cloud Infrastructure, delivery of computing infrastructure as a service.
- Grid Computing - Sun Grid.
- Full Virtualization - GoGrid, Skytap.
- Compute - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
The 11 main categories other of cloud computing components are as follows:
- SAAS (Storage-as-a-service) - This refers to the disk space we use when we lack a storage platform and therefore request it as a service
- Database-as-a-service - This component acts as a database directly from a remote server where its functionality and other features work as if physical DB is present on the local machine.
- Information-as-a-service - Information that can be accessed remotely from anywhere called Information-as-a-Service. Highlight the flexibility of accessing information remotely
- Process-as-a-service - Unlike other components, this component combines various resources such as data and services. This is mainly used for business processes where various key services and information are combined to form a process.
- Application-as-a-service (AaaS) - As the name suggests, this is a complete package for accessing and using applications. This is made to connect end users to the internet and end users usually use browsers and the internet to access this service. This component is the main front-end for end users
- Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) - In this component, the entire application development process takes place including creating, implementing, storing, and testing the database.
- Integration-as-a-service - Mostly related to application components that have been built but must be integrated with other applications. This helps in mediating between remote servers and local machines.
- Security-as-a-service - Because security is what most people expect in the cloud, this is one of the most needed components. There are three-dimensional security principles found on cloud platforms.
- Management / governance-as-a-service (MaaS and GaaS) - This is related to cloud management, such as resource utilization, virtualization, and server up and downtime management.
- Testing-as-a-service (TaaS) - Using these components, remote-hosted applications are tested in terms of design requirements, database functionality, and security measures among other testing features.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) - This is a complete virtual consideration of networks, servers, software, and hardware on cloud platforms. Users will not be able to monitor the backend process, but they will be presented with a system that is fully configured with all processes set up for direct use.
Such are the components of cloud computing, hopefully the information of this article is useful for all readers. Thank you