Lately, many hosting providers have offered cloud-based hosting packages. But there are still many who are still unfamiliar with the term. Before discussing the definition, one thing to know is the working principle of cloud computing - the basic concept of cloud hosting services.
Cloud Hosting is one technology with services that are connected by many servers that interact with each other and are connected to maintain performance. The service is an advantage where the connected server will guarantee data security, users do not need to worry about unstable server performance or limited resources on traditional hosting services such as dedicated servers or shared hosting.
Cloud Hosting technology allows you to have unlimited resources (Unlimited Bandwidth), so websites that have very high traffic will continue to be stable and can up with these unlimited resources. Concept itself is to use the concept of "Divide and Rule", where the necessary resources will remain online spread over more than one server and allocated according to needs. So that it will greatly reduce the possibility of downtime when there is damage to the server.
- Avoid Hardware Limitations. Ensures that users' needs for RAM, CPU, Quota Harddisk and processes are fully fulfilled. When needs increase, you can easily expand the capacity according to the amount you want. Hosting companies can add a lot of resources according to customer requests.
- High scalability and good performance. There is no limit to the amount of scalability that can be achieved with cloud hosting, such as adding or reducing resources will not interfere with workflows or processes that are running. The resource will be fully dedicated, so there are no unused resources. You don't need to worry about load balancer configuration when your website has high traffic.
- Pay according to your needs. There has its own resource management, so you can determine the resources needed. Users can choose the server size (eg virtual), which includes RAM, Disk Space and also the operating system (Linux or Windows). Customers will pay according to the resources used such as memory usage or bandwidth.
- Cheaper costs
Because it utilizes several resources and is managed optimally according to needs, waste of resources can be avoided. The current and future needs can be more measurable so that the government for server and hosting procurement projects can be eliminated from procurement projects carried out by the government.
• A higher price than a dedicated server because it builds a cloud hosting network with several high-quality servers.
Examples of Applications
- This Mobnasemka website uses cloud hosting, precisely Cloud VPS
- Spotify Music Services uses Google cloud hosting
- Likewise with Google Document
- Digital Library
- Business Applications such as Online Cashier, Grab, etc.
- Fintech application
Ways of working
When a server is interrupted, another server will replace the failed server and provide the necessary resources. The same thing also happens in cases of overloading. To ensure cloud hosting can function properly, high-quality server hardware is needed to be able to carry out these various tasks.
Cloud computing or cloud hosting, in general, is increasingly important and needed by modern society today. This technology is able to bring and direct industrial and business websites increasingly famous in the online world. Although the portion is not so large, web hosting is a springboard for the cloud.
With layered security, starting from the data center provider side as the server colocation service provider to the application door of course it can guarantee the smoothness of serving the users. So, don't be surprised if you find the form of cloud hosting which is the backbone of everything, from digital health recordings to property databases and legal agreements!